Community Development Vocational Course and Work Placment
DSC Regen is offering a funded Level 3 Award in European Community Development vocational course with international work placement in Seville, Spain.
Community development practitioners build relationships with key people and organisations within their community in order to identify common concerns, create opportunities to learn new skills and help to foster social inclusion and equality.
The qualification will help you to develop the skills and knowledge you need to work effectively in your role and are thus suitable for anyone working, or looking to work, in community development in a voluntary or paid role.
Successful applicants will also undertake a 3-month funded international work placement (France or Spain). To see the roles available please view the job descriptions below.
In order to support you during your work placement DSC Regen will provide you with the following:
- €120 per week subsistence allowance
- Shared accommodation (own bedroom, shared living spaces such as kitchen, bathroom)
- Language tuition
- Flights to and from your destination (including airport transfers in your host city)
- Travel medical insurance for the duration of your stay
- Ongoing support and local pastoral care for the duration of your stay
Those undertaking the Community Development vocational course and work placement must be available for preparatory training in London on Tuesday 17th and Wednesday 18th April 2018. Attendance on each day is compulsory. The flight to the host country will be Thursday 19th April 2018. The return flight (and placement end date) will be 92 days from the outbound flight date.
Seville Job Descriptions (All)
Or alternatively view the individual job descriptions below:
Third Sector International - Bid Writer
Third Sector International - Project Coordinator
ZEMOS98 - Project Assistant including Communications
Ecoeduca - Teaching Assistant
Ecologistas - Agro-Ecology
EBD (Transmission Dynamics Of Vector-Borne Pathogens)
EBD (Species Traits Of Woody Plants In Urban Parks)
EBD (Potential Invaders In Natural Grassland Communities
How to apply
The deadline for applications is 3rd April 2018. Positions are filled on a rolling basis; you're advised to submit your application as early as possible.
To apply please complete the following steps:
(1) Review the vocational course information. Be sure this course is right for you.
(2) View the job descriptions by clicking the links above.
(3) Decide which positions are of interest to you and complete the application form (available here)
(4) Send the completed application form along with your current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please note, in order for your application to be considered we must receive both your CV and fully completed application form. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Positions are filled on a rolling basis. You're advised to submit your application as early as possible.
Before applying please ensure you have read the following key requirements:
- To be eligible applicants must be currently residing within the United Kingdom, have a UK postal address and bank account, and must have the right to live and work in the UK and the destination country.
- Students are not eligible thus we regret we are unable to accept applications from individuals looking for ‘year in industry’ placements.
- Placements are for fixed periods of 92 days (13 weeks) and it is a requirement that you spend the full period in your destination country. The start date (flight out to Host Country) will be in mid-April 2018. End date (return flight to UK) 92 days from the date of departure
- There will be three days of preparatory training in April in London immediately before departure. Attendance at the preparatory training is compulsory.
- Unfortunately we are not able to fund the cost of travelling to London or accommodation costs for the preparatory training in London, although we do provide your travel to the airport from London on the day of departure.
- Applications are only being accepted for April 2018.