Paid European work experience - April 2018
DSC Regen offers a range of PAID work experience placements in Seville (Spain) and Perpignan (France) within the Green Economy and Community Development sectors as part of the Erasmus+ work experience programme, funded by the European Union.
These paid placements are 3 months in duration (Flights to Seville/Perpignan will be in mid-April preceded by a few days of preparatory training in London (exact dates below) and will enable participants to develop experience and practical skills as well as to develop their Spanish language skills. Participants will also work towards either the Level 3 Certificate in Domestic Energy Assessment or the Level 3 Award in European Community Development.
In order to support you during your work placement DSC Regen will provide you with the following:
- €120 per week subsistence allowance
- Shared accommodation (own bedroom, shared living spaces such as kitchen, bathroom)
- Language tuition
- Flights to and from your destination (including airport transfers in your host city)
- Travel medical insurance for the duration of your stay
- Ongoing support and local pastoral care for the duration of your stay
Positions are open to anyone over 18 years of age who are looking to expand their skills and enhance their future employability.
For some positions no knowledge of the local language (Spanish or French) is required whereas for others intermediate or advanced levels are needed.
Preparatory training is provided pre-departure incorporating language tuition and practical and cultural information. Participants receive a weekly subsistence allowance of €100 and the cost of flights, insurance and accommodation are funded by the programme.
For further details and job descriptions of the available roles please click below on the vocational course area that you're interested in.
How to apply
The deadline for applications is 3rd April 2018. Positions are filled on a rolling basis; you're advised to submit your application as early as possible.
To apply please complete the following steps:
(1) Review the vocational course information. Be sure this course is right for you.
(2) View the job descriptions by clicking the links above.
(3) Decide which positions are of interest to you and complete the application form (available here)
(4) Send the completed application form along with your current CV (and your portfolio if applying to any architecture or graphic design position to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please note, in order for your application to be considered we must receive both your CV and fully completed application form (and portfolio if applying to an architecture or graphic design role). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Positions are filled on a rolling basis. You're advised to submit your application as early as possible.
Before applying please ensure you have read the following key requirements:
- To be eligible applicants must be currently residing within the United Kingdom, have a UK postal address and bank account, and must have the right to live and work in the UK and the destination country.
- Students are not eligible thus we regret we are unable to accept applications from individuals looking for ‘year in industry’ placements.
- Placements are for fixed periods of 92 days (13 weeks) and it is a requirement that you spend the full period in your destination country. The start date (flight out to Host Country) will be in mid-April 2018. End date (return flight to UK) 92 days from the date of departure
- There will be three days of preparatory training in April in London immediately before departure. Attendance at the preparatory training is compulsory.
- Unfortunately we are not able to fund the cost of travelling to London or accommodation costs for the preparatory training in London, although we do provide your travel to the airport from London on the day of departure.
- Applications are only being accepted for April 2018.